Due to continued expansion we are seeking a time served/qualified Steel Fabricator to join our experienced workshop team.
As a welding fabricator, you will be responsible for joining metal using a variety of techniques, often to form new structures. Duties may include:
- Carrying out gas metal arc welding (GMAW), to manufacture items and components.
- Cutting materials into the required shapes, checking dimensions and thicknesses.
- Welding or joining metal and other materials into a wide range of structures.
- Following engineering plans, drawings and instructions.
- Operating tools and machinery and welding equipment.
- Inspecting and testing welds with precision measuring instruments.
- Dismantling metal structures.
- Cleaning tools, equipment and work areas.
- Wearing safety clothing and using protective equipment.
- Working outdoors or in a workshop.
- Working on large projects as part of a team and on smaller projects relying on own initiative.
- Grit blasting and metal spraying.
- Previous work experience as a Metal Fabricator.
- AWS certification and advanced welding experience.
- Knowledge of engineering design and manufacturing procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Proficiency with metal fabrication tools including shears, rollers, flame cutters, and drill presses.
- Mathematical and engineering skills.
- Ability to lift and manipulate large metal objects.
- Flexibility to swap at short notice from one task to another.
- Additional engineering skills an advantage – particularly if boat related.
Interested parties should apply in writing to the email address below.