General Operations Manager
Due to retirement we are looking to recruit an experienced person to oversee all aspects of marina operations, including moorings, workshop and fabrications.
Oversees the daily workings of the marina. Plans, manages and implements workflow to ensure deadlines are met and maintains a high standard for all aspects of marina operations.
- Responsible for the production, procurement, and planning of daily operations
- Responsible for providing estimates and quotations in order to obtain new business
- Plans, schedules, and reviews workload and manpower to make sure targets are being met on a cost-effective basis
- Communicates with all relevant employees to ensure delivery times are met
- Ensures the team has enough time to carry out work in order to meet customer requirements
- Communicates any changes in the order or delivery date to relevant parties
- Monitors standard of workmanship & ensures quality control standards are met
- Makes sure the working environment maintains access to quality equipment
- Purchases materials and services required for all aspects of marina operations ensuring value for money at all times
- Manages the stock control, and checks that inventory records are accurate
- Follows up on interruptions to workflow
- Confirms that health and safety regulations are followed
- Provides guidance to employees
- Solid engineering-based background, preferably but not necessarily related to the boating industry.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience in management, operations, and leadership.
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills – knowledge of SAGE accounting would be desirable
- Solid understanding of financial management.