The Midland’s Best Equipped Marina
Over 20 year’s investment in plant and machinery have culminated in one of the best equipped boatyards in the country. Recent additions include:
A fantastic purpose built building with rentable bays. The DIY bay is fully insulated and heated for year round use. It is fitted out with lifting gear for all those maintenance jobs that are best done out of the weather: e.g. carpentry, painting, blacking etc.
Grit blasting and metal spraying – a narrowboat industry first and exclusive to Debdale Wharf.
We have an engineering chandlery but also carry everyday stock such as loo blue/green, fenders, ropes, poles, windlasses, batteries, oil & fuel filters, plumbing items, chimney parts, and many many other engineering and maintenance items you might need. If we do not have what you require, we can usually source it within a couple of days.
You will receive friendly service from helpful, knowledgeable staff and you can feel free to contact us for advice on any aspect of narrowboat ownership.
Here are just a few of our main services and facilities, do contact us for more information and details.
- Engineering: Experienced staff skilled in boat mechanics, carpentry, electrics and plumbing. Particular knowledge in complex AC/DC systems including electric drives, hydraulics and thermal recovery technology. Agents for Nanni, Mastervolt, Victron, Bubble, Beta, Vetus, Onan and an engineering chandlery.
- Welding & Fabrication: No job too small, from minor repairs to base over plating & general fabrication.
Wood work & Painting: Anything from new Cratches, interior alterations to full fit out. Interior painting and scumbling also carried out by our experienced staff.
- Moorings & Hardstanding: Sheltered secure Narrowboat leisure moorings, DIY boat fit out berths (set away from main moorings), and hardstanding area for DIY fit out or boat storage. Metered electricity points using PIN identification and water taps conveniently placed near by.
Marina Services: Diesel, Calor gas-propane & butane, Coal (smokeless) sold on site, staffed toilet pumpout. Elsan disposal.
Hull Blacking: Lift out/in facilities up to 32 tonne. Very high pressure (3,500 PSI) hull washing facility, including all of the base plate. Any make of blacking paint available including two pack epoxy. DIY blacking facilities can be booked at the weekends.
- DIY Hull Blacking: Involves lift out on a Friday to enable our staff to pressure wash the hull.
Either sides only or sides & base.
The boat can be painted by yourselves when dry. If the baseplate is to be done then the boat is lifted onto high trestles to enable walk under access.
Once painted the boat is lowered onto sleepers for the sides to be painted.
The boat would normally be put back into the water on the following Monday.
- 32 Ton Gantry Hoist: Used for blacking, boat maintenance, surveys and loading/unloading from transport.
- 40 Ton Travel Hoist: For moving any size Narrowboat to the Hardstanding area or into the undercover units.